[Eeglablist] Asking help about general stages of brain data progress

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 3 14:36:33 PDT 2015

Dear Keith,

If it were MR image and you were diagnosing broken bone of a patient, it
would be straightforward; you know what the normal bone shapes are and you
can tell which bone is broken in the image. Similarly in EEG, you must know
what normal EEG/ERP data look like to find what's special in your data. The
difference is that EEG/ERP data is highly dependent on experimental
contexts, and to know a lot of them is not easy. You need to read many
papers.

Check out Steve Luck's ERP handbook.

Makoto