[Eeglablist] AMICA lrate gets stuck

Kevin Tan kevintan at cmu.edu
Mon Aug 17 14:30:45 PDT 2015

Hi Dr. Palmer & EEGLAB list,

I'm trying out AMICA for artifact rejection and DIPFIT. In my tests, the
lrate consistently gets stuck at 0.5, stopping only due to max iteration
limit. This does not happen with extended Infomax.

This happens whether I use the cluster (128 threads) or a normal PC (4
threads). I run AMICA 'locally' as it's called within a matlab script
already run via PBS, not sure if that makes a difference.

Here's the AMICA test stream:
- PREP pipeline
- Remove PREP-interpolated channels
- Remove 1 additional channel for rank consistency
- 1hz FIR hi-pass
- Epoch -500 to 1000ms no baseline correction
- Epoch rejection
- AMICA (using EEG(:,:) -- is it ok to concatenate epochs like this?)

Here's the output log (using the cluster):
https://cmu.box.com/s/t7j3shmwjj1wj8to80au8mdm6b5676rh

Many thanks,
Kevin
--