[Eeglablist] wavelet properties

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 2 11:40:11 PDT 2015

Dear Hendrik,

When you run newtimef(),

         >> [ersp,itc,powbase,times,freqs,erspboot,itcboot] = ...
                   newtimef(data, frames, epochlim, srate, cycles,...
                        'key1',value1, 'key2',value2, ... );

The 5th output 'freqs' is the list of center frequencies. I think it uses
'freqresol' output from dftfilt3.

> The second point that I need to find out is the duration in the time
domain for each wavelet. Can anybody help how I can generate that
information to provide a table with the wavelet information?

When you run newtimef() it shows the length of the sliding window. You can
report the length there.

In EEGLAB's newtimef, by default the number of cycles increases linearly as
the central frequency increases, which may be tricky to explain. The
purpose of doing this is to adjust the ratio of time/frequency resolution
along with the frequency axis (if you use the fixed cycle numbers the
output image looks vertically stretched i.e. too much temporal resolution
with too less freq resolution at high freqs)

Makoto