[Eeglablist] BurstCriterion in clean_rawdata

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 4 11:41:53 PDT 2015

Dear Srini

> Do you have citation yet?

It was not my data, and it was for the internal data discussion. I guess we
have no plan to publish it.

SD==20 became the best given that specific set ups. The method Nima, my
former colleague and now Syntrogi CTO, used there can be found in these
functions.

https://github.com/bigdelys/pre_ICA_cleaning/blob/master/detect_artifacts_by_robust_sphering_MIR.m

https://github.com/bigdelys/pre_ICA_cleaning/blob/master/robust_sphering_matrix.m

https://github.com/bigdelys/pre_ICA_cleaning/blob/master/mututal_info_reduction_time_course.m

Basically he used a sliding window mutual information reduction (MIR) as a
measure of ICA weight matrix performance and compared how much MIR
improvement was observed among 19 methods.

For psychiatric children's data I use SD==4, not 20. SD==20 would be most
appropriate if the data are already good and only big rare glitches are the
problems.

Makoto