[Eeglablist] Problem with markers the events and extract epochs

jason roger jasonroger8 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 14:09:52 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I used Emotiv Epoc device to do an EEG experiment. Before starting the
experiment, I inserted the markers from Emotiv manually to determine the
events and see them on EEG data later. Then, performing the experiment and
collected the data. After loadeding the data into EEGLAB, while performing
a preprocess phase, I imported the event as follows: Import event info ->
form data channel. I found thousand of the events except those that I
marked in Epoc,i.e., I didn't find the events that I marked or inserted
manually using Emotive earlier. The thousands events I found like this:
2.954, -5.8062, 19.4904, etc. On the other hand, in the "Extract epochs"
option, it's very difficult to select the events because my event that I
marked or inserted are not there, and when I selected all events, and
pressed OK, the computer either hanged, or I had an error message like the
one in the attached file.

I don't know what to do without events and epochs, and I don't know what to
do with this situation.

Regards,
Jason​
 error message of extracting epochs.png