[Eeglablist] new to EEG

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 15:12:18 PDT 2015

Hello Santosh, the below should be the first steps to take, if you are just
starting out. It should take you a few days to just "play with data", and
about ~2-4 weeks of practice to get to a basic user level.

To start just go ahead abd google  "EEGLAB tutorial", then follow all the
steps to install eeglab and all the practice steps for working with the
tutorial data. Try to have success with the tutorial data first before
moving on. Please be sure to review all eeglab documentation, including the
fact that you need some basic matlab skills to really control eeglab well.

You should also review  existing articles using eeglab as well as review
papers about eeglab. you can find these by typing "eeglab" into Google
Scholar.

Please also review the recent chapter from Onton and Makeig, which is
available if you type "Onton Makeig chapter 2009" into Google Scholar.

Also, for most basic questions, just search the eeglablist archives. you
can type "eeglablist" and "your topic" into Google, and it should give
results form the eeglablist archives.

Last, please also review  Makoto's suggested pipeline. You can find it by
typing "makoto eeglab pipeline" into Google.