[Eeglablist] having different dilog box form EEGLAB tutorial

jason roger jasonroger8 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 03:30:56 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

In EEGALB tutorial, under the section “Selecting Data Epochs and
Comparing”. As I understood, we need to separate the main dataset that is
has event one, and event 2 into 2 separated datasets that are located in 2
files. Then perform Edit > Select epochs or events. After that, in the
dialog box, need to enter "1" in the textbox next to position (*which will
select all epochs in which the target appeared in position 1-in the
attached file 1*), which will select all epochs in which the target
appeared in position 1. This is for the first dataset, then load the next
dataset and apply same process with.

I’m using last version of EEGALB, and did not found the option position in
the attached file (dialog box1)
​
 dialog box1.png
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8KMWYyyc7IME8xSGdvRS14XzQ/view?usp=drive_web>
​

However the dialog box that I have is attached in file (dialog box2).

​
 dialog box2.png
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8KMWYyyc7Idl90d1cwcGI1VHc/view?usp=drive_web>
​

1- In order to compare the erp for the same participant in the same
experiment, but with two different events, do we need to have 2 datasets
which are derived from the main dataset—first file has the first event,
while the second file has the second event. In other words, does this what
EEGLLAB tutorial mean? How can do the comparison process?

2- As you can see, my attached file (dialog box2) is different form first
attached   (of EEGLAB tutorial), I'm not able to do the step of entering
"1" in the textbox next to position (*which will select all epochs in which
the target appeared in position 1-in the attached file 1* because I don’t
have the option “position” in my dialog box. What should I do?

Kind regards,
Jason