[Eeglablist] Importance of having events in the data

valerio jus valeriojus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 11:27:09 PDT 2015

Dear everyone,

Based on the EEGALB tutorial and many published papers, it can be clearly
seen that having events in the data is very necessary factor. Therefore,
does that means we cannot use EEGLAB as a tool for EEG data analysis
without having the events in our dataset?

Please, let me explain more: As we know, the events can be used to indicate
particular action of user at certain time when the user send them by e.g.,
mouse. However, if I want to measure the level of attention that might
person have while *only* watching a video or TV, how the EEGLAB can analyze
user's attention data without having any events are inserted by
him/herself?

Best,
Valerio