[Eeglablist] Problem with markers the events and extract epochs

James Jones-Rounds jj324 at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 6 10:52:34 PDT 2015

Hi Jason,

I've collected data from Emotiv EEG headsets, and imported it successfully
into EEGLAB, but my Emotiv data already . First, I'll say that going
forward you should make sure that your events are being imported properly
before you run a full experiment - hope that's the case!

Second, which type of Emotiv headset are you using? There are two types, at
least the last time I checked (a year or two ago): one type (the more
expensive type) gives you access to the raw data, via the "Control Panel"
software, while the other kind does not.

If you are successfully getting your data into EEGLAB, but without the
events, I'm assuming you're using the more expensive type of Emotiv
headset. In order to get the events to show up in the initial "Control
Panel" software, I used a Virtual Serial Port software. This VSPD software,
from Eltima, is what the stimulus presentation software sent stimulus codes
to, and which "Control Panel" read the events from. Then, I imported the
Emotiv ".edf" file using the Biosig toolbox, which extracts events from the
last channel in the dataset.

Hope that helps in some way!

James

--