[Eeglablist] Webinar on EEG relevant profiling of Octave/Matlab vectorization

James Desjardins jdesjardins at brocku.ca
Tue Oct 6 11:15:14 PDT 2015

Hi EEGLab List,

I had the opportunity last week to present a webinar on the topic of profiling Octave/Matlab vectorization. The main example that I used subtracts the baseline in a segmented EEG data file. The focus of the talk is on monitoring (profiling) the speed of execution while loops are systematically removed for a piece of code (eventually using repmat and bsxfun).

The webinar has since been posted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAts2FeQCGc

It was my hope that the topic could be useful to members of this group.

James Desjardins, MA
Electrophysiology Technologist
Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab, Psychology Department
Jack and Nora Walker Centre for Lifespan Development Research
High Performance Computing Consultant
SHARCNet, Compute/Calcul Canada

Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave.
St. Catharines, ON, Canada L2S 3A1
905-688-5550 x4676
--
"'Cause you never can tell What goes on down below!
"This pool might be bigger Than you or I know!"

McElligot's Pool
Dr.Seuss 1947