[Eeglablist] anti-aliasing with downsampling?

Li, Lucia M lucia.li at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Nov 5 06:07:11 PST 2015

Dear Andreas,

Thank you for your help.

- I am using EEGLAB 13.4.4b with Matlab R2014a
- These are my spectopo options:
figure; pop_spectopo(EEG, 1, [0  403736], 'EEG' , 'freqrange',[1 40],'electrodes','off');
- By "introduce many/extra frequencies", I mean e.g. between 30-40Hz, there are several peaks in the final plot (after downsampling), which aren't evident in either of the first two plots.

Images are found: http://postimg.org/image/97w6davr1/

1st one is high pass filtered (still sampled at 5000Hz) at 0.5Hz.
2nd is low pass filtered (on top of the high pass filtering) at 70Hz.
3rd one is after downsampling to 250Hz

Plots done as per your recommendation.

There is a little residual signal >70Hz after filtering - does that imply that the filtering hasn't completely worked?
I note that there do not seem to be in extra frequencies in the plots after downsampling - does that mean the pop_spectopo function plots applies a different function than pwelch?

Many thanks again for your advice.

Kind regards,
Lucia