[Eeglablist] Error while precomputing STUDY: NaN values in cluster.sets

Nikola Vukovic vukovicnikola at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 15:33:30 PST 2015

Dear EEGLAB list

I would be very grateful is someone could help me out with an error I've
been getting. When I try to precluster components in a given STUDY (it
happens for several study files), I get the following error:

FOR CLUSTERING, YOU MAY ONLY USE DIPOLE OR SCALP MAP CLUSTERING. This is
because some datasets do not have ICA pairs. Look for NaN values in
STUDY.cluster(1).sets which indicate missing datasets. Each column in this
array indicate datasets with common ICA decompositions.

Looking inside the cluster(1).sets, I can indeed find some NaN fields,
suggesting not all files have associated ICA decomposition data. This,
however, is puzzling because I made sure to do ICA on each subject's
dataset *before* epoching, meaning that all sets for individual
conditions share the same weights for a subject. After getting this
error I even tried to copy the weights (EEG.icawinv + EEG.icasphere +
EEG.icaweights + EEG.icachansind) from the unepoched set to all the
epoched ones.

Did anyone have this error too, and how could it be solved?

Thanks for any help,

Nikola