[Eeglablist] Question about EEG power

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 26 15:34:40 PST 2015

Dear Carla and Ana,

I remember that when I tried to figure out the compatibility between Matlab
wavelet and EEGLAB newtimef(), it was confusing like hell.

Before converting to dB, EEGLAB newtimef() shows very large values (if you
intercept the process in the middle of code). But I'm not sure if it was as
big as 10^5 or 10^6. I understand that sounds intimidatingly large. At
least you have one paper that supports your observation/calculation, why
don't you publish the value?

For the spectrum density the unit is uV^2/Hz. EEGLAB uses it for spectrum
plot. Depending on definition of the measure you use a normalization factor
like that. Sorry I'm not very knowledgeable in these things either so may
not be helpful for you.

Makoto