[Eeglablist] Biomedical Engineer Position in Neuromuscular Rehabilitation and Neuroimaging Research at Kessler Foundation, NJ
DAllexandre at kesslerfoundation.org
Tue Sep 15 10:00:31 PDT 2015
Biomedical Engineer Position
Neuromuscular Rehabilitation and Neuroimaging Research
Applications are now being accepted for a Biomedical Engineer at the Human Performance and Engineering Lab at Kessler Foundation, West Orange, NJ. The successful candidate will work principally on a mobile brain/body imaging (MoBI) project investigating the neurophysiological mechanisms underlying balance dysfunction and intervention related recovery in traumatic brain injury (TBI). The project will use a multimodal approach involving EEG, EMG, motion tracking, transcranial magnetic stimulation to study how brain to muscle integration is affected in balance dysfunction. The candidate will also be involved in various projects studying neuromuscular deficit or function in healthy or patient population.
· Setting up and operating equipment including EEG, EMG, TMS, balance platform and motion tracker systems;
· Attending and supporting research sessions involving research participants;
· Processing of experimental data, developing new methods and computer programs as required;
· Assisting with scheduling and regulatory processes; and
· Assisting with preparation of papers and presentations.
· BS or MS degree in biomedical engineering or closely related field.
· Strong computer skills with solid programming experience in particular Matlab.
· Background in signal processing or/and image processing (EMG, EEG) and biomedical instrumentation.
· Applicants with specific interests and/or experience in the following areas: Neuromuscular rehabilitation; biomedical signal processing (e.g., EEG, TMS and EMG); brain and muscle electrophysiology
· Applicants with specific experience in conducting eeg MoBI experiments.
· Prior research experience with human subjects
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter summarizing relevant research expertise, experience and interest, as well as salary expectation to Dr. Allexandre at dallexandre at kesslerfoundation.org<mailto:dallexandre at kesslerfoundation.org>. Please include the reference number “TBIBME1-eeglab” in your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position available immediately. Application will be reviewed until the position is filled (announcement date: 9/15/2015)
We are equal opportunity employers.
Didier Allexandre, PhD
Human Performance and Engineering Lab
1199 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ, 07052
Tel: (973) 324 3541
Fax: (973) 324 3527
Email: DAllexandre at KesslerFoundation.org<mailto:DAllexandre at KesslerFoundation.org>
The information in this transmission is intended for official use of the Kessler Foundation. It is intended for the exclusive use of the persons or entities to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this transmission to an intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, or the use of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete the material from any computer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the eeglablist