[Eeglablist] Plot study ERSP significantly different from baseline

Nikola Vukovic vukovicnikola at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 09:53:17 PST 2016

Happy New Year to everyone on the list!
Is it too early to start doing analyses again? :)

I would like to know if there's a way to use the command line to plot a figure showing only ERSP values significantly different from a baseline. For example, I would like to define the time period from 0 to 1000ms in a trial as the baseline period, and then see which ERSP values in the 1000-8000ms period differ significantly from this baseline.

So far, I have only been able to mask values significantly different from 0, like so:

1. I plot a STUDY condition using std_erspplot, and save the erspdata/times/freqs output.
2. I compare this erspdata object with an identically sized object with zeroed-out values, using std_stat.
3. I use the pvals object to zero-out those ersp values which are > 0.05, and then plot this ersp data.

This procedure works nicely to compare time-frequency points to 0, but not for masking with respect to a custom defined baseline period.

Does anyone know how this could be done?

Many thanks!
Nikola