[Eeglablist] pre-processing for sLORETA and connectivity analysis

Mina Marmpena mina.marmpena at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 08:44:17 PST 2016

Dear EEGLAB list,

I wonder if the filter I will choose for the pre-processing of my EEG data
will affect significantly the result of sLORETA source localization and
connectivity analysis afterwards.

So far I use IIR filter as EEGLAB plugin, with a 0.5-40Ηz band-pass and all
the default parameters. Do you think this should be OK or should I use
another filter? I've seen Makoto's notes on filtering and connectivity
analysis but it addresses Granger causality in particular, and in my case
we are interested in functional connectivity analysis so I am not so sure
if it applies.

Also I would like to ask you for the same analysis framework, whether a
Surface Laplacian filtering, as a final step in the pre-processing, works
well with sLORETA or it is something I should avoid.

Finally, I was wondering if you could suggest some papers or resources with
sLORETA and connectivity analysis that could help me to better understand
how to deal with this kind of analysis, especially how to derive a
connectivity measure from the current densities.

Thank you in advance,
Mina