[Eeglablist] Reject epochs for cleaning based on Makoto's recommendation

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 10:27:28 PST 2016

Hello,

The "find abormal values" in Makoto's path refers to "applying an amplitude
threshold".
Note that these values are general recommendations, and you must review the
results and adjust settings as necessary.
-500 to 500 at least knocks out some of the biggest periods with abnormal
amplitudes.
If you haven't had a chance to yet, please be sure also review the eeg
artifact rejection in the eeglab online tutorial, and note that you can
also clean data with ICA information if you perform ICA. Last, you can
learn a lot from published articles using these tools.
>From removing big bad periods of data I also recommend you check out the
function pop_rejcont which works quite well once you get the setting right.
Finally, the c"clean continuous data with ASR" available from the GUI is
also powerful and useful, as another option. For this optiin you might have
to load the plugin first.