[Eeglablist] Request for letters of support

Scott Makeig smakeig at ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 15 16:25:33 PST 2016

Dear EEGLAB users -

We are proposing a collaboration with the Neuroscience Gateway project (
nsgportal.org) at the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC.edu
<http://sdsc.edu/>) to open a free portal to running EEGLAB analysis on an
SDSC supercomputer.  This portal would be built into EEGLAB, would be
freely accessible to all, and would allow users to run computationally
complex analysis pipelines on their data.  There would be an EEGLAB plug-in
and GUI to automate the process of analyzing EEG datasets and studies and
GPU support would be possible to include for the most intensive computations
.

The Portal and EEGLAB itself would also evolve abilities to process EEG and
other types of concurrently recorded psychophysiological and behavioral
data including ECG, GSR, body motion capture, EOG and eye tracking, and
behavioral responses.  Here we would welcome contributions from other
users. Concurrent analysis of EEG data with anatomic and functional MR
measures would also be supported.

We are soliciting letters of support for this proposal *before our Feb.
1 proposal deadline*. The letters should optimally be on institutional
letterhead and should reference any funded research you believe could be
enhanced by this Open EEGLAB Portal project. For your convenience, we have
attached some sample letter text.  If you are willing, please customize it
freely (at the least, replacing all text now in red) and send in pdf (or
email text) format *to arno at ucsd.edu <arno at ucsd.edu>* *before Feb. 1*.

Thank you for your consideration,

Scott Makeig  &  Arnaud Delorme
University of California, San Diego

--
Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of