[Eeglablist] Cluster-based permutation tests

Shingo Tokimoto tokimoto at mejiro.ac.jp
Mon Jan 18 02:52:30 PST 2016

Dear EEGLA users,

I am trying to apply cluster-based permutation tests to my EEG data. I have found the relevant discussion on EEGLAB list, and I know the settings in "statistical parameters" in the STUDY function. With the setting as specified, cluster-based permutation tests work well for ERP but do not work for ERSP. The error message appears as below.

--------------
EEGLAB error in function ft_checkconfig() at line 153:

Error: ft_checkconfig (line 153)
The field cfg.neighbours is required

This is a problem with FIELDTRIP. The Fieldtrip version you downloaded is corrupted. Please manually replace Fieldtrip with an earlier version and/or email the Fieldtrip developers so they can fix the issue.

I am running EEGLAB (eeglab13_5_4b) on Matlab 2013b. I tried Fieldtrip-lite ver. 151020 first, and replaced it with fieldtrip-20160104. However, the same message appears. It is my pleasure if anyone tell me the proper "earlier version" of Fieldtrip. I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Shingo Tokimoto, Ph.D.
in Linguistics and Psychology
Department of Foreign Languages
Mejiro University