[Eeglablist] EEG source localization in group level

Iman Mohammad-Rezazadeh irezazadeh at ucdavis.edu
Sun Jan 24 23:25:46 PST 2016

Hi John,
Using EEGLAB, the same head model is used  for all of the individual subjects . So, I would assume you may have the same smearing problem in source localization as well.  In addition,  it is suggested that the EEG head montage should be transformed to standard montage for all of the subjects ( after cleaning and channel rejection ) to provide the same montage for all of the subjects.

I like Scott explanation about my question. However, I am still thinking that it would be  probably better if we first limit our time of interest ( for example to an ERP component like ‘P1’ ) and then apply the source localization process on each individual subject. Using this method, we may get more relevant components which belong to same mental/cognitive/sensory/… process rather than clustering all of the components which are close to each other but not necessarily involved in the same brain process. Any thoughts?

Best
Iman