[Eeglablist] Need artifact rejection code for my problem

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:20:18 PDT 2016

Hello Abdul, a few notes below, best wishes.

If you know what time samples you want to reject, based on any index
or artifact. then you can remove them easily in eeglab.
First open your data in eeglab, then plot the eeg data, then select a
few small test periods to remove,
then reject those periods by pressing the reject button in th eeegplot window.
Then type eegh for eeglab history, and you will see how the specific
time samples are removed.
Then just use a script using the eeg_eegrej function  to remove any
periods in your continuous data for any file.

The history shoudl look something like this:
pop_eegplot( EEG, 1, 1, 1); % where one plotted the data
EEG = eeg_eegrej( EEG, [13148 14383;53738 59517]); % the periods one
selected in eegplot are rejected
[ALLEEG EEG CURRENTSET] = pop_newset(ALLEEG, EEG,
1,'overwrite','on','gui','off'); % the file is overwritten with the
new one

You can find out more about how to use eeg_eegrej by googling the function,
by googling previous eeglablist posts, and looking into the function's
documentation in matlab. (help eeg_eegrej or doc eeg_eegrej)
See  the section on Rejecting data by visual inspection below
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_01:_Rejecting_Artifacts
Please remember to check out the full wiki eeglab tutorial if you
haven;t had a chance to.