[Eeglablist] 2x2 design statcondfieldtrip

Noordenbos, M.W. (Mark) m.noordenbos at let.ru.nl
Wed Mar 30 02:20:08 PDT 2016

Hi EEGlablist,

I have a 2x2 design (2 groups x 2 conditions) for which I would like to calculate the interaction effect, so I can test whether the effect in each group is also significantly different. In the code of statcondfieldtrip function I found an option to perform a two-way ANOVA using the function ‘anovan’ for the ‘X1*X2’ effect. But it seems that this part of the code is not (yet) implemented/working.

I tried the following test code, but ft_freqstatistics (Fieldtrip function) cannot handle the input for the anovan function.

n = 1000;
nchan = 61;

dat = { rand(n,nchan) rand(n,nchan); rand(n,nchan) rand(n,nchan) };

[ori_vals, df, pvals] = statcondfieldtrip(dat, ‘paired’, ‘on’)

Does anyone know how to perform this two-way anova using the anovan function in combination with the multiple comparison correction of Fieldtrip? Or whether there is a workaround to make the statcondfieldtrip function work for a two-way anova?

Thanks,
Mark