[Eeglablist] Rat EEG Data - ICA

Tadavarty, Ramakrishna rtadavar at mail.ubc.ca
Wed Apr 20 12:23:02 PDT 2016

Dear All,

We have some EEG data from rats. These are only 2 channel recordings (bilateral). My aim is to decompose the raw EEG trace into individual components and have a look at the separated component waveforms. This way I hope to clean the raw EEG (by removing artifacts such as line noise and other repetitive signals) and compare data between cohorts to try and identify any small changes. We record using Spike2 software from CED. I have been able to import the data, visually reject, filter - band pass and notch, and indeed run ICA. However, I am unable to plot anything, as it asks for location data to be put in the dataset and I don't have any as it is not human data. Has anyone tried to run ICA in rats using EEGLAB? What is the best way to move forward?

Many thanks,

Rama

DR. RAMAKRISHNA TADAVARTY
Postdoctoral Research Fellow