[Eeglablist] How to set EOG channel location and labels for ICA

Guannan (Mandy) Shen mandy.g.shen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:44:14 PDT 2016

Dear list,

Our lab use 34 channel cap, and we also record EOG from above and below the
left eye (both EEG and EOG signals referenced to Cz). I'm not sure what is
the proper label for those two EOG channels in order for them to be
recognized in  "standard-10-5-cap385.elp"  (channel lookup). Also, what's
the location value in the ".loc" file?

Also, I noticed that if I label them "SVEOG" and "IVEOG", the location
values in "Channel Location" will disappear after I set the reference
channel. I'm not sure what's the reason and how it would affect the ICA for
artifact removal. Are they treated as floating channels? Thank you!

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you-
Guannan