[Eeglablist] Using dipole coordinates derived outside of EEGLAB for clustering

Alex Billig ajbillig at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 09:27:14 PDT 2016

Hello,

I have an epoched MEG data set in EEGLAB, on which I have run an ICA.
Because I was more familiar with SPM's source localisation functionality
and forward models, I then exported the component scalp maps there to
derive dipole locations using individual MRI scans. I would now like to
cluster components in the EEGLAB study, using the SPM-derived dipole MNI
coordinates as one of the clustering dimensions. I don't think this is
possible in the EEGLAB GUI, which expects the dipoles to have been derived
via DIPFIT. So I have started to work through the pop_preclust.m and
pop_clust.m scripts to see where I might be able to moderate them to feed
these coordinates. Neither function seems to refer to the EEG.dipfit field,
so I am a little stuck. Has anyone else done this before, or can the
programmers give me some pointers as to where in the code I need to be?

Many thanks,

Alexander Billig
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Brain and Mind Institute