[Eeglablist] open EEG datasets about autism

Elizabeth Milne e.milne at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Jul 8 01:41:19 PDT 2016

Dear Hui-bin Jia,
There are surprisingly few open EEG datasets obtained from individuals with
ASD. The ones that I know about are:

SFARI VIP Collection (I think there are about 50 EEG datasets available,
you have to make a formal application for the data). Although SFARI is an
initiative that focuses on ASD, not all of the participants in the VIP
collection have ASD: they have a range of clearly defined genetic syndromes
that are associated with ASD. See
https://sfari.org/resources/autism-cohorts/simons-vip

There is an Australian EEG database that houses hospital EEG recordings
from a range of different patients. From previous correspondence, I think
about 50 of these patients may have ASD (although they may also have
additional diagnoses). See: http://aed.newcastle.edu.au/

There is also the National Database for Autism Research (NDAR), although
this doesn't currently hold any EEG data obtained from participants with
ASD. I think there may be ~ 20 MEG datasets obtained from people with ASD.
See:
https://ndar.nih.gov/ndar_data_dictionary.html;jsessionid=7D268A92ACF3FCC2EEA35BF07892D394.node1

Good luck with your search. If you hear about any more sources of ASD EEG
data, I'd be really interested to hear about them.

Best wishes,
Elizabeth

On 3 July 2016 at 14:51, Hui-bin Jia <420247417 at qq.com> wrote:

> Hi, everyone
>
>      I'm a PhD student in Southeast University, China. My supervisor is
> interested in the electrophysiological
> mechanism of autism, however there's no EEG system in our lab. Thus does
> anyone know some open EEG datasets about autism patients?
>
> Huibin Jia

Elizabeth Milne
Reader in Cognitive Neuroscience
Department of Psychology