[Eeglablist] Feature extraction using activation matrix

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 18 10:16:05 PDT 2016

Dear VAdlamani,

> 1. After multiplying icaweight and icasphere we were told to remove mean
of the raw EEG data to get activation matrix .. but there is already a
EEG.icaact by default . Which one do we use ? The default one or do we
compute the multiplication and subtraction explicitly??

They should be the same. To remove mean, EEG.data (/icaact) = EEG.data
(/icaact) - mean(EEG.data (/icaact),2);

> 2. features that were used are mean,power and energy of the activation
matrix . How do we compute these features for an activation matrix ??

I don't know this, sorry.

Makoto