[Eeglablist] BCILab: Epoching Question

Alex Abe nabra005 at odu.edu
Thu Aug 18 10:15:30 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

In addition to the below question is there a BCILab community or author to
whom I can address these questions to ? I have noticed that BCILab related
questions are left unanswered most of the time.

Question :

With regards to BCIlab, when there are multiple classes/markers, is it
possible to use
'EpochExtraction' with multiple time windows of equal length, instead of
the usual way of using a single time window that applies to all markers ?

eg.

Present Way:

myapproach = {'SpecCSP','SignalProcessing',{'EpochExtraction',[0.1
0.5],'FIRFilter','off',...
                                              'IIRFilter',[4 6 28 30]}};

 [trainloss,lastmodel,laststats] = bci_train('Data',both_
sessions,'Approach',myapproach, ...
                                            'EvaluationScheme',{'chron',5,
5},'TargetMarkers',{'Delayedevent_House','Cat','Dog'});

*Since I have 3 markers, how can I modify 'myapproach' to incorporate
epoching in such a fashion that that I can capture the delayed House event
appropriately?:*

Possible Way ??

myapproach = {'SpecCSP','SignalProcessing',{'EpochExtraction',[0.5 1.0, *0.1
0.5, 0.1 0.5*],'FIRFilter','off',...
                                              'IIRFilter',[4 6 28 30]}};

Alex