[Eeglablist] SIFT resampling surrogate distributions with 1 trial

Winslow Strong winslow.strong at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:17:59 PDT 2016

Hi Tim,

Yes I was searching for some approximate test stats and p-vals generated by
creating pseudotrials within each trial.  I'll try this out.  I'm thinking
it might be wise to leave a gap between the pseudo trials (i.e. not make
them contiguous EEG segments) to make them closer to independent.  Leaving
out every-other pseudotrial might be a reasonable tradeoff.  One could get
2 test stats or just 2 sample variances this way: one from the even
pseudotrials and one from the odds.

This is a bit hacky though, and I wonder if there are canonical methods to
deal with the lack of independence.