[Eeglablist] Best EEG electrode positioning system?

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:02:16 PDT 2016

Greetings,
I think EGI has a 3D handheld scanner solution for their nets, (email
support at egi.com or sales at egi.com).
Zebris works well enough, many labs use it, and can be used with any system
I believe. Each system should have specs on localization precision.
See the krios, polhemus, and other gadgets below. Some are standalone
scanners from which data would have to be pulled out, some are for specific
eeg systems and are fine-tuned for those systems.
The move over last 5 years is towards handheld 3d scanners for 3d channel
localization (and of course, down the road, participant head modeling, and
onsite 3d eeg net printing for custom fits).

http://www.ndigital.com/msci/products/krios/
http://polhemus.com/motion-tracking/all-trackers/fastrak
http://www.brainproducts.com/productdetails.php?id=60
http://www.cortechsolutions.com/Products/EL/EL-FP/EL-FP-PT
http://www.faro.com/products/3d-documentation/handheld-3d-freestyle-3d/features
http://www.3dsystems.com/shop/sense

Using a motion capture system for spatial localization of *EEG electrodes*
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4403350/>
PMR Reis, M Lochmann - Frontiers in neuroscience, 2015 - ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Improved *EEG *source *localization *employing *3D *sensing by Flying
Triangulation
<http://proceedings.spiedigitallibrary.org/proceeding.aspx?articleid=1691555>
S Ettl <https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=P1DrR1wAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra>,
S Rampp… - SPIE Optical …, 2013 - proceedings.spiedigitallibrary.org

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Markus Gschwind <markus.gschwind at gmail.com