[Eeglablist] Removing bad channels before average referencing - how stringent should I be?

Scott Makeig smakeig at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 2 15:02:42 PDT 2016

Also, if you use ICA to transform your data into source space, then it is
best to remove channels with (non-physiological) extreme values beforehand
- but then you need not interpolate, since the IC source waveforms are then
the phenomena of interest.

Scott

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 2:18 AM, PERNET Cyril <cyril.pernet at ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Jenny,
>

> Just a quick word to say that once you removed bad channel - you don't
> have to interpolate if you use the LIMO EEG plug-in. Group level statistics
> accounts for missing channels across subjects when computing the null
> distribution for cluster stats. That means that if you have many subjects
> (say > 20) then you can be a little more stringent if you wish too.
>

> Cyril
>

> --
> Dr Cyril Pernet,
> Senior Academic Fellow, Neuroimaging Sciences
> Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences (CCBS)
>
> The University of Edinburgh
> Chancellor's Building, Room GU426D
> 49 Little France Crescent
> Edinburgh EH16 4SB
> cyril.pernet at ed.ac.uk
> <http://www.sbirc.ed.ac.uk/cyril>http://www.sbirc.ed.ac.uk/cyril
> http://www.ed.ac.uk/edinburgh-imaging

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of
California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0961, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott