[Eeglablist] Interpreting Brodmann Area and Anatomical location of Domain in MPT analysis

Mohammed Jarjees m.jarjees.1 at research.gla.ac.uk
Sun Sep 18 01:57:37 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I have used Measure Projection Toolbox (MPT) to analyse  motor imagery EEG data.  In some domains I get Brodmann areas contributing and corresponding anatomical areas which are not covering these Brodmann areas at all (example below). If they are complementary, then why BA adds up to 91% and anatomical areas up to  83%?

Brodmann areas

Probability

BA 25
BA 23
BA 34
BA 29
BA 28

0.47
0.16
0.16
0.06
0.06

Total Probability

0.91

Anatomical areas

Probabilities

L Caudate
Brainstem
R Caudate
L Putamen

Total Probability

0.29
0.23
0.17
0.14

0.83

I understand that anatomical areas can be wider than BAs, but shouldn't it anatomical areas cover BAs?

How should I interpret this?

Best Regards

Mohammed