[Eeglablist] missing data from imported bdf

Mary MacLean mary.maclean at psych.ucsb.edu
Mon Sep 19 16:22:23 PDT 2016

Hi,

Recently every few Biosemi bdf files that we import into eeglab (using BIOSIG toolbox) have lost data at some point in the file (e.g., around about 50 minutes into the recording). I mean completely gone, just zero in all the channels and no events. When I converted the same bdf files to edf files and imported those into eeglab using identical settings there was no lost data. The attached images show the same data at the same time point, imported from edf (intact) and bdf (data loss).

Any ideas? This problem appeared after we switched to Windows 7 and started using a newer version of Actiview for acquisition.

Here are some details:

Actiview system:
Windows 7 Professional
Actiview 7.05
64 channel
1024 Hz

eeglab system:
OSX
MATLAB 2013a
eeglab v13.6.5b (same issue with older version of 13 as well)
imported with mastoid references

Biosemi provided bdf to edf converter using default settings (0.16 Hz high pass).

Thanks,
Mary