[Eeglablist] re : proper importing of events into eeglab

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 10:19:59 PDT 2016

Hello Vadlamani Samhitha, some notes below. best wishes.

0. If you haven't had a chance to yet, be sure to Google eeglablist + your
topic (events or changing events) to review past responses about your
topic, from this year and past years. Also, See the eeglab tutorial and
google past eeglablist posts on importing events, changing events from the
gui, and changing events with a script

1. channel import should not be messing with your event import. Try to have
all your channels, events, etc... correct in a eeglab format before moving
to bcilab.

2. you may need to modify the events list (within eeglab) to make the
labels shorter "Target1" and "Target2". . There are several messages like
this about "Events" in the recent eeglablist.
You could have a script that runs through all the EEG.events, and whenever
it see Targetcode1 it changes it to Target1, etc...
See also the eeg_addnewevents function mentioned on the eeglablist, and
also googlable. THis would allow you to make a long list of labels and
times, and then apply them to a file all at once.

3. Note there are also options to import a "text" list of events (import
events), and to "assign new events" or "modify old ones" with a matlab
script.

4. if you add or modify an event from the gui, then type eegh to see the
code that was run, and then use that code in a matlab script to modify all
your events.

5. If you have specific questions about BCILab, be sure to also contact the
developer, C.Kothe, check out the online video tutorials for bcilab too if
you haven't had a chance to. My understanding is that the bcilab functions
are robust and well-documented, so you should be able to
open/review-documentation further for any bcilab function that you're using.