[Eeglablist] in reference to" A non-EEGLAB question: What to do with small eigenvalues when performing data whitening in EEG artifact removal."

Vadlamani Samhitha vadlamani.samhitha at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 20:08:14 PST 2016

Hi Sir , so after referencing the channels to average , the EEG data's rank
is reduced by 1. In order to make it full rank, Makoto's pipeline suggests
to discard a channel before running ICA . How do we choose which channel to
discard ? Also is it going to be the same case with CSP ? Do we discard a
channel from each of the datasets corresponding to classes and also the
original data and then run CSP ? Thank you.