[Eeglablist] pop_eegfiltnew help

Andreas Widmann widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Wed Nov 30 01:36:17 PST 2016

Dear Jumana,

the command line interface is indeed confusing here, I agree. This is due to historical reasons to maintain complete backward CLI compatibility with deprecated pop_eegfilt.

If the revfilt flag is true (as in your case) the filter is inverted. An inverted low-pass filter is a high-pass filter. Both versions,
EEG1 = pop_eegfiltnew(EEG, [], 1, 1650, true, [], 1);
and
EEG2 = pop_eegfiltnew(EEG, 1, [], 1650, false, [], 1);
give bit-identical results.

Hope this helps,
Andreas