[Eeglablist] Can i filtering in two different moments?

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 6 18:17:17 PST 2016

Dear Tiago,

First of all, DO NOT use pop_eegfilt(). Instead, use pop_eegfiltnew(). This
newer version is better.

> My question is: Can filtering at two different times compromise the
reliability of the collected signal? (ie, in addition to the artifact, am i
taking out brain information that compromises the interpretation of the
data?)

Secondly, apply filters only on continuous data. If you apply it on epoched
data, data are windowed near boundaries (i.e. both edges).

If you are interested in an example of preprocessing steps, see this wiki
page.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto's_preprocessing_pipeline#Alternatively.2C_cleaning_continuous_data_using_ASR_.2811.2F30.2F2016_updated.29

Makoto