[Eeglablist] ICA, re-referencing, interpolation

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 12 22:05:04 PST 2017

Dear Jumana,

I encountered that kind of situation many times, which is why I thought it
would be a nice idea to show the exact steps in the wiki page. Now you see
my point!

Editing channels after ICA is DANGEROUS. There are even some phenomena that
confused me to death which I still don't understand (and do not remember
well any more). Some of EEGLAB's check function can detect the change of
channel number difference and inconsistency with EEG.ica-items, but not all
the operations are not supported, particualy any behavior outside GUI (but
the worst mysterious case I experienced was replicated even using GUI, so I
guess it was like I was performing bug finding in EEGLAB, as if several
test players plays an alpha version of a computer game trying to do the
weirdest things to find bugs.)

So, my advice is that DO NOT EDIT CHANNELS AFTER ICA. Once the mixing
matrix is confused and how it happened, you are done. Just stay away from
that situation.

I appreciate though you have been doing exploration! I'm glad to see that
at least other guys than I experience the same issues.

>From Lufthansa455 to Frankfurt,

Makoto