[Eeglablist] newtimef window length

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 12 22:16:42 PST 2017

Dear Cigir,

For your info, this is the timely updated wiki.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto%27s_preprocessing_pipeline#A_tip_to_compute_time-frequency_transform_.28i.e._ERSP_.26_ITC.29_.2801.2F11.2F2017_updated.29

Where does that extra 113.28 ms come from? newtimef() calls dftfilt3()
function to define Morlet waveform as a mother wavelet, which has
distribution in both time and frequency. So 3Hz you specify is not exactly
3Hz after letting it have frequncy distribution, which is why it becomes a
little bit longer... that's my 'guess'. I mean, it would be tautologically
obvious to watch how dftfilt3() creates the wavelet by using debug mode.
There is no mistery, the textbook equation is written in that code (by Ray
Ramirez, I met him in SCCN.)

>From Lufthansa455 to Frankfurt,

Makoto