[Eeglablist] FDR parameters

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 26 14:00:21 PST 2017

Dear Nils,

I pasted the results from 'help fdr'. Apparently, it takes only two inputs,
p-values and alpha. So if you use any value other than p-values, that
should be alpha.

Makoto

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>> help fdr
  fdr() - compute false detection rate mask

  Usage:
    >> [p_fdr, p_masked] = fdr( pvals, alpha);

  Inputs:
    pvals   - vector or array of p-values
    alpha   - threshold value (non-corrected). If no alpha is given
              each p-value is used as its own alpha and fdr corrected
              array is returned.
    fdrtype - ['parametric'|'nonParametric'] fdr type. Default is
              'parametric'.

  Outputs:
    p_fdr    - pvalue used for threshold (based on independence
               or positive dependence of measurements)
    p_masked - p-value thresholded. Same size as pvals.

  Author: Arnaud Delorme, SCCN, 2008-
          Based on a function by Tom Nichols

  Reference: Bejamini & Yekutieli (2001) The Annals of Statistics