[Eeglablist] Wavelet analysis result combination

Julian Yaoan Cheng jycheng0 at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 31 10:20:46 PST 2017

Hi all,

Lets say I have conditions A,B for which there are sub-categories hit and miss, forming Ahit, Amiss, Bhit, Bmiss.

If I'm interested in seeing [A vs B], [Ahit vs Amiss], and [Bhit vs Bmiss] analyses, can I do just 2 separate wavelet analyses [Ahit vs Amiss] and [Bhit vs Bmiss], and then use algebra on the ERSP matrix to generate [A vs B] (as in: [(Ahit + Amiss) - (Bhit + Bmiss)])? Or do I have to pool the epochs and do a third wavelet of [A vs B] proper?

I am assuming of course that all wavelet parameters are the same (cycles, baseline, frequency/times ...etc).

Thanks,

Julian