[Eeglablist] Using discontinuous baseline region in epochs for wavelet analysis

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Feb 9 19:22:32 PST 2017

Dear Julian,

I hear this from time to time. My opinion is that use whichever the longer
one to epoch everything.

Under special cases where it matters, you can still separate data (after
epoching) into the conditions that have different data length (which is not
recommended at all).

If you think about how wavelet slides on data, you'll see it is meaningless
to worry about epoch overlap etc. Wavelet transform itself is super
overlapped.

Makoto