[Eeglablist] biosemi zig-zag pattern as a visualization issue? (eeglab13_4_4b vs eeglab14_0_0b)

José Luis joseluisulloafulgeri at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 16:03:04 PDT 2017

dear list,

I was using EEGlab (eeglab13_4_4b) to load Biosemi data and plotting the
power spectrum when I noted a repeating triangular, zig-zag shape, and I
found the following discussion of the list,

[Eeglablist] triangular / sawtooth / zig-zag pattern in spectral data
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2014/008066.html

[Eeglablist] EEGLAB, BioSemi, BioSig, and means
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2008/002229.html

The issue is that if I load my data with eeglab13_6_5b or eeglab14_0_0b, I
don't find the zig-zag shape anymore. In fact the data obtained is exactly
the same using any of these EEGlab versions (that's good news, it couldn't
be otherwise!),
This suggest that this issue is a visualization problem. Could it be?
So, is not solved by applying a high-pass filter, maybe applying the filter
change the visualization, or something like that?

Could any of the developers comment on this, just for the sake of
understanding,

Maybe this a bit old, but I haven't find more recent discussion about this
problem,

Thanks in advance for any hint,
Jose

--