[Eeglablist] ERP grand average does not reflect actual latency

Shih-Chun Kao shihchunkao at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 14:16:39 PDT 2017

Thank you for the references, Daniele! The latency was point based using a
local peak approach. I looked grand average for each subject individually
but it seemd that I did not really have spike points. Instead, I have some
subjects showing strong slow wave in one condition than others. Some
subjects also have larger area under the P3 curve in one condition than
others. I wonder if the inconsistency between grand average and actual
latency measures could happen when one condition has more vaiant peak
latency and differnet shape of P3 (e.g. area nuder the curve) than others?
Regardless, I will definitely read those papers and try to figure it out
what happends to my dataset.

Sincerely,
Alvin

--