[Eeglablist] eeglablist Digest, Vol 150, Issue 11

chao wang hnchaowang at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 18:34:07 PDT 2017

Hi Michele,

I previously encountered the same problems. Now I used the following script
to set path, and it seems to be OK:

addpath(genpath('E:\Toolbox\EEGLAB\eeglab13_4_4b\functions'))
addpath('E:\Toolbox\EEGLAB\eeglab13_4_4b\plugins\xxxx')
addpath('E:\Toolbox\EEGLAB\eeglab13_4_4b\sample_locs')
rmpath('E:\Toolbox\EEGLAB\eeglab13_4_4b\functions\octavefunc')
rmpath('E:\Toolbox\EEGLAB\eeglab13_4_4b\functions\octavefunc\optim')
rmpath('E:\Toolbox\EEGLAB\eeglab13_4_4b\functions\octavefunc\signal')

'xxxx' is the folder name of your plugin you may use. If it contains
subfolers, you may need to use a command similar to the first command above
instead. To use the script, you may need to clear the previously set eeglab
path.

Once set, you may use the functions in EEGLAB with/without GUI in your
script or in Matlab command.

PS: I don't think it's possible to 'use eeglab without opening the gui
(running the eeglab.m function)', because 'eeglab.m' is to initialize a
'Matlab graphic user interface environment for electrophysiological data
analysis incorporating the ICA/EEG toolbox' (See help eeglab).

Best,
Chao

Chao Wang, PhD Candidate
Institute of Biomedical Engineering
Xi'an Jiaotong University
No.28, Xianning West Road, Xi'an, P.R. China