[Eeglablist] filter order

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 11:46:11 PDT 2017

Hello Jaleh, some resources below. I'm not sure, but I think if you
filter at 1-45 hz in eeglab, a particular filter order is being
applied. You should look into the documentation for the eeglab and/or
matlab functions you are using. However, filter order is a basic
concept in signal processing, and you can find a wide range of
resources on your own via google and google scholar. see below for
some examples. Best wishes.

For example google the following for some basic definitions and ideas
to get you started.

Filter Order - CCRMA - Stanford University
Filter design - Wikipedia
Filter order - MATLAB filtord - MathWorks
Order, order! - University of St Andrews
Filtering EEG and ERPs: Tutorial · lucklab/erplab Wiki ·

For some basic definitions, see for example Mike X Cohen's book and
online lectures:
http://www.mikexcohen.com/

You may also benefit from search Matlab tutorials on filtering and
frequency analyses. Same on youtube.

There are also chapters on Filtering, Time-Frequency, and Spectral
Analyses in most EEG handbooks, such as the one from Luck, or the one
from Handy.

you may also google "eeglablist and "your topic" for previous
discussions on the list, if any, about filter order.

you may also benefit articles such as the following, easily found on
google scholar:

Digital filter design for electrophysiological data–a practical approach

A Widmann, E Schröger, B Maess - Journal of neuroscience methods, 2015