[Eeglablist] rejecting epochs vs rejecting continuous data

Panin, Francesca francesca.panin at anglia.ac.uk
Thu Jun 15 02:28:46 PDT 2017

Hi

I am new to EEG analysis and I would have a basic question on artefacts rejection:

I know it is possible to reject entire epochs using ICA but I find much more accurate to manually reject portions of continuous data rather than epoched data, for the simple reason that when you reject an entire epoch you cannot manually select only the portion estimated to be an artifact and this might lead to rejecting some non artifact region as well in the epoch.

However, since the option Reject epochs is available I am worried that I am missing some important element to the rejection of epochs?

Can anyone help me understand what is the difference/advantage of rejecting epochs?

Thanks

Francesca

--
Please click here to view our e-mail disclaimer http://www.anglia.ac.uk/email-disclaimer