[Eeglablist] filter order and antialiasing in EEGlab

Ahmad, Jumana jumana.ahmad at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 20 04:12:59 PDT 2017

Dear EEG lab.
I am using EEGlab version eeglab13_6_5b
I fitter sequentially, but I have actually done this in order of:
High pass filter
Low pass filter.
I then down sample.

I have a few questions:

Does the order of high or low pass filtering matter?
Does the EEGlab function include an antialiasing filter, so that if you do not low pass first, you are slightly protected from antialiasing?
Best wishes,
Jumana

Jumana Ahmad
Post-Doctoral Research Worker in Cognitive Neuroscience
EU-AIMS Longitudinal European Autism Project (LEAP) & SynaG Study
Room M1.09. Department of Forensic and Neurodevelopmental Sciences (PO 23) | Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience | King's College London | 16 De Crespigny Park | London SE5 8AF

Phone: 0207848 0260| Email: jumana.ahmad at kcl.ac.uk<mailto:antonia.sanjose at kcl.ac.uk> | Website: www.eu-aims.eu<http://www.eu-aims.eu/> | Facebook: www.facebook.com/euaims<http://www.facebook.com/euaims>

We are currently looking for volunteers with mild intellectual disability to be part of our exciting and world-leading European project into brain development and social behaviour. Please, do get in touch if you know of anyone who may be interested in taking part.