[Eeglablist] running ICA - with or without ocular channels?

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 29 17:08:57 PDT 2017

Dear Jose,

Sorry for belated response.
I detailed my description a little bit upon your question.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto%27s_preprocessing_pipeline#Run_ICA_.2806.2F29.2F2017_updated.29

   - Include EOG and other channels as long as they share a reference
   electrodes with scalp (exploratory) electrodes. If EOG channels are
   referenced to each other as bipolar, exclude them.

I did not understand what you mean by this

> Since to obtain EOG channels we do a subtraction the reference doesn't
matter anymore, right? It is cancelled-out. So I'm not sure what reference
Makoto is referring to,

Anyway, to confirm my point again, include EOG channels UNLESS they are
bipolar-referenced to each other.

Makoto