[Eeglablist] automatized ICA data correction and channel interpolation

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 30 17:52:06 PDT 2017

Dear Marius,

Thank you for your opinion.

My colleague Luca has been working on automatic IC labeling using machine
learning algorithm: but it still uses *user input *as the data to be
tranied. So it is NOT a solution to develop a better or perfect algorithm
that judges what is what based on EEG measures (he tested all the kinds of
algorithms available at the timepoint of last year, and found nothing was
perfect.) See this page for his data collection scheme (which is also a
educational tool)

http://reaching.ucsd.edu:8000/auth/login

I have been collaborating with radiologists and neurologists. They diagnose
patients, particularly neurologists even determines which brain tissue to
remove. What algorithm do they use? They use eyeballs. After all, humans
are still the best learning machine today (though it is very tempting to
make my own criteria for IC labeling for non-aggressive data cleaning)

Makoto